Asparagus with Spiced Buttermilk
Something different to try with asparagus.
- Mix the gram flour with a little water to form a paste, then stir this into the buttermilk and keep aside.
- Fry the mustard seed and cumin seed until they splutter.
- Add the onion, curry leaves, chillies, and garlic and fry for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the asafoetida and turmeric, and fry for a further minute.
- Reduce to a low heat and stir in the buttermilk.
- Stirring continuously, warm for 2 or 3 minutes - do not allow the mixture to boil.
- Season and cool slightly.
- Boil the asparagus for 2 minutes, drain and arrange on a plate.
- Pour some of the buttermilk mixture over the top. The rest can be eaten with rice or simply as a soup.