Chilli Flake Top Tips
Our Crushed Chilli Flakes have a deep, smoky, caramel flavour and a hot kick. We love using them in a whole host of Indian and non Indian dishes. Here are a few recipes ideas which really showcase this brilliant ingredient:
- Use in place of a whole chilli when tempering spices for a dhal to add extra heat, colour and flavour.
- Use them to infuse oils or vinegars.
- Pound pineapple with fish sauce, lime and chilli flakes - a great dish to accompany Thai food.
- Add to butternut squash when roasting to complement the sweetness.
- Mix together sugar, salt and chilli flakes to sprinkle over mango, pineapple and apple for a sweet but spicy dessert or snack. For more fruit and spice combinations, click here.
And here are three of our favourites: