Tikka Ideas, Tips and Serving Suggestions
Rafi’s Tikka is a reinvention of the British classic which has become a staple of curry houses across the UK. A more savoury, tomato-based version of the intensely coconutty dish, we guarantee this fragrant blend of cardamom, star anise, cinnamon and cloves will let you see the Tikka in a new light.
Try it with:
- Chicken, the classic - Rafi’s favourite method was to use a whole chicken cut into portions for extra flavour.
- Pork or lamb for a richer dish. Try finishing this off with baby onions and potatoes.
- Meaty white fish for a more delicate curry. Avoid stronger, oily fish like salmon or mackerel as the dish will become too rich.
- Roasted mixed peppers and cubes of paneer, pre-fried so the edges are browned and slightly crisp. Check out our easy paneer recipe here!
- Add yoghurt or creme fraiche instead of creamed coconut for a lighter finish and less sweetness.
- Alternatively, a little milk and butter will make it richer and creamier.
- Try using passata instead of tinned tomatoes for a smoother blend and deeper taste.