Versatile, crisp, and zesty, this Kachoombar ticks all the boxes, and is a welcome addition to any table - you can easily turn it to a crunchy Raita just by adding some yoghurt, but more about that at the bottom...
1. Finely dice the onion and add to a bowl with a pinch of salt and sugar and the lemon juice. Mix everything together.
2. Dice the cucumber, beetroot and radish into bite-sized pieces. Add to the onions and mix.
3. In a small frying pan, on a medium heat, toast the cumin and onion seeds for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add these spices to the salad and mix in with the fresh coriander and mint.
5. Leave to rest for 20-30 minutes and check seasoning before serving.
Yoghurt Salad (Raita) Version -
Same as above - after the spice have been added stir in 250g natural yoghurt (we would recommend a live set yoghurt, for better texture and tang).