Braised Spiced Lettuce
If you have never tried frying gem lettuce, you HAVE to try this recipe!
The lettuce becomes incredibly juicy and is complemented well by the sweet honey and savoury paprika.
- Cut the lettuce lengthways into quarters and spread the honey over the cut sides.
- In a hot pan add the oil and fry the lettuce on both of the cut sides, until golden.
- Add 20/30ml of water to the pan and sprinkle with the paprika.
- Move the lettuce around to distribute the paprika evenly. Allow most of the water to evaporate, spooning it over the lettuce as you go.
- Season with salt to taste and serve.