A delicious cross between a small cake and a biscuit flavoured with warming cinnamon.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Brush the madeleine tray with melted butter then coat it with a light dusting of flour, tapping out the excess.
- Whisk together the eggs and the sugar in a bowl until frothy.
- Lightly whisk in the remaining ingredients then leave to stand for 20 minutes.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the prepared madeleine tray then bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the mixture has risen a little in the middle and is fully cooked through.
- Cool and gently turn out of the moulds. Enjoy!
These little cakes are best eaten on the day of baking.