Puff pastry with a curried filling.
This is a great way to use up leftovers. You can use just about any curry, although Keema Curry works especially well.
- Put your leftover curry in a bowl and stir in some leftover veg - this can be carrots, potatoes, peas, anything you have to hand.
- Put the mixture into a food processor and pulse two or three times so that it's still fairly coarse.
- Roll out your puff pastry sheet to about 3 or 4mm, keeping it in a rectangle. Cut out 8 squares and one by one put them on a baking tray with a large spoonful of your filling in the middle.
- Beat the egg, then brush around the edges of the pastry with the egg wash.
- Fold the pastry over into a triangle, then brush all over with more egg wash. Pinch the edges to get a good seal.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 20 minutes or till golden.