Masala Chai (Indian Spiced Tea)
Chai tea, both nutritious and delicious, is famous all over India!
This simple recipe allows you to enjoy a cup of traditional Indian Chai Tea with the minimum of fuss. Originally used as a medicine, Chai is the result of infusing fresh spices with Black Tea with a mix of fresh spices, adding milk and sugar to improve the taste. This mix is claimed to aid digestion, calm an upset stomach, lower blood pressure and aid in weight loss!
- Put 1 - 1½ cups water in saucepan. Add the cinnamon, cardamon, and cloves, and bring to the boil.
- Cover, turn the heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the milk and sugar and simmer again.
- Throw in the tea leaves, cover, and turn off the heat.
- After 2 minutes, strain the tea into two cups and serve immediately.
If you want to make larger quantities, then simply double the suggested ingredients and remember to buy extra biscuits (unless, of course, you are using it for weight loss...)!