Mushroom and Paneer Side Dish
An alternative side dish recipe using our Mattar Paneer pack.
For those who are pea-phobic here is a great alternative side dish recipe using our Mattar Paneer pack... unless you hate mushrooms too!
- Chop the paneer into cubes and fry in a frying pan until the outsides go brown and crispy. This adds another layer of delicious flavour to the dish. Remove from the pan and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan until very hot then add the mushrooms. Fry for about 5 minutes, and really get some colour on those 'shrooms!
- When cooked, remove them from the pan.
- Now continue with the recipe as per the instructions: add the contents of the Mattar Paneer pack to the pan along with the onion (and some more oil if needed) then fry until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and fry until the oil separates.
- Add the paneer and cooked mushrooms back to the pan and cook for 5 - 6 minutes until both are heated through.
- Garnish with coriander and mint.