Ripe Mango Salad
A fresh mango salad, perfect for accompanying our Thai curries.
This is a simple, fresh mango salad which combines all the classic flavours of Thai cuisine - sweet, sour, hot, salty and... delicious!
- Simply mix all the ingredients together! De-seed your chilli for less heat.
- Serve with a garnish of fresh coriander.
- Kent mangoes are an all-year-round variety often coming from Central and South America. Most mangoes have a very natural sweet flavour; in comparison the Kent mango also has a slight sour flavour, which works well in this Thai salad.
- From Thailand, the Nam Doc Mai mango is sometimes sold unripe to be used in salads and other recipes requiring green mangoes. When ripe it has a thick skin and a sweet, juicy, fibreless flesh. This mango is in season February - March and you should be able to find it at an oriental grocer.
- For what we consider the King of the Mangoes, The Alphonso, we will have to wait until April time. We can't get enough of its sweet, juicy interior. Luckily, the EU ban on importing Indian mangoes was lifted in January 2015, hurrah!