Simple Beef Mie Goreng
A warm, rich, spicy Indonesian dish with sweet notes.
At Rafi's we believe that delicious food shouldn't be difficult or complicated, so here is my own take on the classic Indonesian dish, Mie Goreng. While Nasi Goreng is made with fried rice, Mie Goreng is made with fried noodles, and is a slightly quicker dish as a result.
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 1 Onion (finely sliced)
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic (crushed)
- 400g Beef (finely cut)
- 1/2 a white cabbage (shredded)
- 1 large carrot (roughly grated)
- 2 tbsp Adabi Perencah Nasi Goreng Paste
- 1 tbsp Cirio Tomato Puree
- 2 tsp ABC Kecap Manis
- Water as needed.
- 300mls water
- 200g Rice Sticks
- Heat the oil over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic.
- Add the onion and fry until soft and transluscent.
- Pop the beef in and vigorously fry for 1 minute.
- Add the carrot and the cabbage and stirfry until soft.
- Put the noodles on to boil for 3 minute then drain and put to one side.
- If you need to add water to the main dish to prevent sticking do so.
- One at a time, add the Nasi Gorend paste, Kecap Manis, and the tomato puree, stirring as you do so.
- Once the sauce is mixed in with the stirfry, add the noodles and toss the ingredients until the noodles are soft.
- Serve with a side dish of Rafi's Cucumber and Moong Dhal Salad
This is a very rich dish, but extremely versatile. Try substituting shrimps for the beef, but remember to add them last, about five minute before you are ready to serve, as they are less robust than beef and can dry out quickly.